Hello WOE (Women of Excellence)!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I decided to use my blog to write things that will empower, inspire and motivate you to live a “Lifestyle of Excellence”! I will post what I call “Lifestyle of Excellence” Moments. These moments will include business, career and ministry tips, also personal life experiences.
Today’s Lifestyle of Excellence Moment: Business Integrity
Over the past year while preparing to launch my business (WOE Magazine) I invested in coaching services, design services, and branding services to help me align my vision.
My heart is to support women owned minority businesses in effort to give back into my community. I must say I have encountered some wonderful women business owners who operate in the utmost integrity not focusing on just taking my money but truly poured into my vision. However I also encountered some who lacked integrity.
Today I want to provide a few tips if you are a business owner or a client. Hopefully my experience will help other emerging entrepreneurs.
1. Do not expect someone to pay you in FULL for services you failed to render. If you are unable to deliver per contract , then it is best to modify the terms of agreement. This will ensure the client is not being overcharged.
2. Be WHO you say you ARE! Simple.. If you advertise certain expertise, then you should deliver quality work in that specific area. The client hired you for a reason .. To be the “Expert”. If you are not, then revise your marketing material to reflect what you really can do. Do not false advertise!
3. Do not expect a review if you know you did not deliver!
4. Do not chase ” Money” in the spirit of so called “Hustle” and fail to operate in good customer service . Communication 101 is very KEY!
5. Entrepreneurs always and I mean always.. Do thorough research on a business before paying for a service. Call some of their former clients to see if the testimonials are true. Some people embellish testimonials on their site, so make sure you research.
6. Always pray about every decision! Yes pray! I’ve heard some business folks say, why do you need to pray or just make a decision forcing you into an agreement. Sleep on it first and then decide! Never be Anxious for ANYTHING!!!
I have been burned a few times by opportunist or just folks who lacked integrity. Instead of putting them or their business on blast, I chose to journal my experiences to make me a better business woman in the future.
Always deal with people who wronged you with class and dignity. Trust me, God will honor you by multiplying your seed!!
Always remember, “Excellence is not a one time experience, it’s a Lifestyle“!